Saturday 29 September 2012

So What Next?


We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we’re curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths. – Walt Disney

The Princess and the Cake was my first blog, and it remains my favourite. It was born in April 2010 to document a challenge that had been set for me by my friends: to combine my love of Disney Movies with my love of baking. Each week (or thereabouts) my friends and I would gather in one of our living rooms to watch one of the Disney Classics collection (in chronological order, naturally!), and each week I would bake something for us which was (at times loosely) linked to the movie we were watching. I set up the blog because I figured that baking 50 themed cakes or bakes was a challenge worth documenting.

Two-and-a-bit years later we’ve now finished the Disney Classics collection, and have even baked the Disney Pixar collection to boot, but I don’t want that to be the end of The Princess and the Cake. Baking is something I’m genuinely passionate about, and (believe it or not) I often bake things that are not Disney-themed. I love baking and experimenting with recipes, so, in true Disney style, I’m going to allow my curiosity to take The Princess and the Cake down a new path; rather than becoming a blog solely about Disney, I’d like this to become a blog about baking, experimenting, and trying new and tasty things. Which in a way, is what it always was – the Disney element just added a little extra sparkle and imagination.

So, there will be a few changes around here over the coming weeks. I’m going to change the format of the blog a bit, and my brother-from-another-mother has created a gorgeous banner image for me. There will be things disappearing and the reappear on the site - so please bear with me! I’ll continue to add to the Disney Classics collection and Disney Pixar collection with each new release, but in between that I’ll also be posting recipes that aren’t themed to movies… just really good, tried and tested recipes for sweet treats and savouries. I really hope you all like it!

Happy thoughts,

Stay

X

No comments:

Post a Comment