Sunday 30 June 2013

Strawberry Frozen Yogurt

Apparently, it's tennis season, and that means that all bloggers are obliged to post at least one recipe which uses strawberries and or cream - so here's mine :-) Strictly, that's not true. The only reason I even know it's tennis season is because all of the foodie blogs I follow are posting yummy strawberry recipes all over the place. This frozen yogurt was actually made for the following reasons:
  • I needed a recipe to post for Ice-Cream Sunday, and
  • I had some yogurt I needed to use up, and
  • My housemate bought a huge punnet of strawberries and asked me to help him devour them



So, here's a super simple recipe for strawberry frozen yogurt! I made this one in my ice-cream machine, but you could also pop in in the freezer, if you're willing to take it out and whisk it every half an hour until it is the right consistency! The merringue pieces are optional, but delicious. Embrace the merringue, people.

Ingredients:
100g fresh strawberries
200g Greek yogurt
3tbsp caster sugar
3 mini meringue shells (plus extra to serve)

Prep time: 30 minutes
Serves: 2


  1. Prepare your ice-cream machine as per manufacturers instructions.  For me, this involves popping it in the freezer overnight.
  2. Remove the stalks from the strawberries and pop these into a blender. Wizz them into a puree.
  3. Pour the strawberry puree, yogurt and sugar into a bowl and mix until combined. cover the bowl with clingfilm and pop in the freezer for 15 minutes to chill (this stops it from freezing to the sides of your ice-cream machine. )
  4. Once chilled, get your machine running and pour the chilled yogurt in. Leave it running for around 10 minutes.
  5. Crumble the meringue shells into the frozen yogurt,  and let it continue to stir for another minute or so.
  6. Serve immediately.  Tennis is optional. 



Happy Thoughts
x

No comments:

Post a Comment